The grass is always greener . . .

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Adventure Begins . . .

So, this last week, my owners took me on vacation.  My grandma and grandpa live in Las Vegas along with my three chihuahua buddies.  So, off we went!  We left and I stayed cool and collected in the car.  Usually I freak out in the car, but my mommy has been getting me used to car rides.  So, I crashed out in the backseat in my travel bed with my baby moose.  (Yes, I still sleep with my stuffed animal babies - give me a break!)

We made it to Vegas and things would have been fine.  We were there a few days when I decided I needed a break.  I kept hearing these "boom boom" sounds.  My mommy and daddy took off with grandma and grandpa to go to dinner.

Once they left, I decided it was time for some exploration.  I made it stealthily out of the house via the doggy door.  I saw the easy access to the street and decided I needed a night on the town.  After all, it's VEGAS, baby!

I dug my way out through some rocks and dirt under the gate (of the seemingly impenetrable fortress - ha!)and off I went to inspect the "boom boom" sound. Hence I was dubbed, The Amazing Pele.

I was out on the town for a bit until I realized that stupid humans were setting off fireworks, even though the 4th of July was a few days away.  Stupid humans.

Now, I am super tough soooo, I won't admit that I was afraid.  That being said, the fireworks freaked me out and I decided it was time to go home. I turned back around the way I came.  I took a few steps and realized that I was lost.  I started running in what I thought was the direction of the house, but nothing looked familiar to me.  It was starting to get dark, I was lost and totally and completely afraid.  But crap, I didn't know what to do.  I want my mommy and daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment